- Masters in Business Administration – 1986
University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Juris Doctorate Cum Laude – 1976
William Mitchell College Of Law (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Bachelor Of Arts History & Political Science – 1969
St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, Minnesota)
Large Claims Handled
- $200,000,000 securities claim involving sixteen separate class action lawsuits against Corporate Directors & Officers.
- $150,000,000 securities claim involving nine separate class action lawsuits against Corporate Directors & Officers.
- $100,000,000 lawyers malpractice claim involving estate planning.
- $50,000,000 lawyers malpractice claim involving IPO prospectus.
- $350,000,000 Financial Institution Bond Claim involving employee dishonesty.
- $15,000,000 Financial Institution Bond claim involving employee dishonesty.
- Wagner, Rutchick & Mund P.A. (Partner); 1976 – 1977
- St. Paul Companies, Inc. (Bond Claim Attorney); 1978 – 1983
- St. Paul Companies, Inc. (Regional Bond Claim Attorney); 1983-1985
- St. Paul Companies, Inc. (Surety Attorney); 1985 – 1990
- St. Paul Companies, Inc. (Senior Claim Professional); 1990 – 2004
- St. Paul Travelers Companies, Inc. (Senior Claims Manager: Financial Institution Bond & Fidelity Claims); 2004 – 2008
- Travelers (Technical Director: Bond & Specialty Insurance); 2008 – 2015
- SDC CPAs, LLC (Claims Investigator); Aurora, IL; 2016 – Present
- American Bar Association Tort Insurance Practice Section Fidelity & Surety Law Committee
- Fidelity Law Association: President; Co-Chair 2003 Annual Program & Seminar; Member Executive Committee
- Dishonesty v. Business Judgment v. Negligence: The Banker’s Blanket Bond v. The Director’s & Officers Liability Policy, presented to American Bar Association Fidelity & Surety Law Committee Midwinter Meeting 1986
- Fidelity Law Update, presented to the 21st Annual Surety Claims Institute Meeting 1996
- New Fidelity And Financial Institution Bond Endorsements And Case Law Interpreting Them, presented to the 24th Annual Surety Claims Institute Meeting 1999
- The Inventory Computation and Profit and Loss Exclusion: Separating the Wheat from the Chaff, in The Fidelity Law Journal (Michael Keeley ed., vol. VII, October 2001) Co-Authored with DM Studler
- Can The Insurer Compel Set Off Of Income Resulting From A Covered Peril Or Recovery Against Claimed Loss, presented to the 27th Annual Surety Claims Institute Meeting 2002
- Discovery – What Does It Do, What Is It, And Who Must Discover?, in COMMERCIAL CRIME POLICY (Randall I. Marmor & John Tomaine eds., 2d ed. 2005) Co-Authored with Michael Weber
- The Claim Handler’s Initial Analysis And Response To The Claim, in HANDLING FIDELITY BOND CLAIMS (Michael Keeley & Sean Duffy eds., 2d ed. 2005)
United States Army; Military Intelligence; Rank At Discharge: First Lieutenant; 1969 – 1972